Sunday, July 17, 2011

My new addiction

Of all the things to become addicted to, I choose running. Could have picked something better I am sure but I am all in now. I have done a 5k, 3 different 10ks, and a half marathon so far. All these and a few more in the future to build up to the Run for Life marathon in October. That is 26.2 miles of running. Fast runners take 4 hours to run a marathon so I will be spending half the day running in October to finish. No matter how long it takes I will be finishing. The time limit is 8 hours so I will be done by then. My running buddies and I joke because of what we do for a sticker, t-shirt and a medal. I will be blogging about my runs for sure over the next few weeks. This past saturday we set out for an 8 mile run. I was mentally prepared for sure and talked by friend, Mitzi, into trusting me and going a little further. We completed our 9.5 miles run in 1hr 45 min and 10 sec. That is fast at least for us. I would even say that is Real fast:) I felt great even though that is what we call a short run. This coming Saturday is a 17 mile run. That is what we call a long run. I am still trying to wrap my mind around that number but I still have a few days. Happy Running:)


- Posted by The Clark Family

No comments: